- Use of Services
- Permitted Users
The Services are available only to Users over the age of legal majority, who can form legally binding agreement(s) under applicable law. Any use or access by anyone under the age of 18 years is prohibited. If the User is under the age of 18 years, the User may access and use the Services only with the consent and supervision of their parent or legal guardian, provided that such parent or legal guardian agrees to be bound by the Terms, and provides consent, on the minor’s behalf in all cases where such agreement or consent is required. WasteLess reserves the right to refuse access to the Services to any prospective users at any time without according any reasons for doing so.
- Limited License
- All of the content featured or displayed on this website and materials provided by WasteLess on this website or otherwise (“Content”), is owned by WasteLess, its licensors and/or its content providers. All elements of the website and materials provided by WasteLess, including without limitation the design and the Content, are protected by copyright, trademark and other laws relating to intellectual property. The User will not remove or infringe any copyright, trademark or other proprietary notices found on this website or any material provided by WasteLess on this website or howsoever otherwise. Availing the Services does not give the User ownership of any intellectual property rights in the Services or the Content the User accesses/downloads. The User may download Content pertaining to the Services only for the User’s personal, non-commercial use, unless the User obtains WasteLess’s prior written permission to otherwise use the Content.
- WasteLess grants the User a worldwide, non-exclusive, non-sub-licensable, non-transferable, revocable, and limited right to access and use the Services and the Content, subject to the following:
- The User may access and use the Services solely for personal, informational, and internal purposes, in accordance with the Terms;
- The User shall not modify or alter any content pertaining to the Services; and
- The User shall not distribute or sell, rent, lease, license or otherwise make the Services available to others in any other manner whatsoever.
- All trademarks, service marks and trade names of WasteLess or its partners, vendors or licensors used herein (including, but not limited to, the WasteLess name and the WasteLess logo) (collectively “Marks”) are trademarks or registered trademarks of WasteLess or its partners, vendors or licensors. You may not use, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit, distribute or modify the Marks in any way, including in advertising or publicity pertaining to distribution of materials on this website, without the prior written consent of WasteLess.
- Any person interested in printing/publishing/providing access to any materials pertaining to/developed from the Services or collaborating with WasteLess can reach out to WasteLess, for WasteLess’s legal permissions (which WasteLess has the right to holdback at its sole discretion) at email@example.com.
- No part of any materials provided by WasteLess on this website or otherwise, may be reproduced, distributed, or transmitted in any form or by any means, including photocopying, recording, or other electronic or mechanical methods, without the prior written permission of WasteLess. However, Users, who are teachers, may print and/or photocopy the materials (such as hand-outs, etc.) for the limited purposes of sharing them with their students, provided that such Users shall not distribute the prints and/or photocopies to any other person, including another User, under any pretext.
- User Access
The User agrees to access, and/or avail the Services through only one e-mail address, and not to share with any third party access to or access information for its account.
- Prohibited Use
- While availing the Services, the User shall not:
- act in violation of applicable laws;
- engage in any activities that will cause any wrongful loss or wrongful gain to any person;
- use or access the Services in any way that, adversely affects the performance or function of the Services or interferes with the ability of any party to access the Services;
- provide false or misleading information to WasteLess;
- use or access any service, information, application or software available for the Services in a manner not expressly permitted by WasteLess; or
- input or upload or provide any information to WasteLess which contains viruses, trojans, worms, time bombs or other computer programming routines that are intended to damage, interfere with, intercept or expropriate any system.
- While availing the Services, the User shall not:
Users shall be provided access to the Services by signing-up with their e-mail address, name and organization name, if any, on this website. Thereafter, the User shall be allowed to access the Services up till completion of the courses offered by WasteLess or they inform WasteLess that they no longer wish to continue with the Services or if WasteLess removes them from their database in accordance with the Terms.
WasteLess may, in its sole discretion, terminate or suspend a User’s access to the Services, for any reason or no reason, by notice to the User. If the User no longer desires to use the Services, the User may notify WasteLess of its intention to do so in writing at any time. The rights granted to the User hereunder will terminate upon any termination of the User’s access to the Services. Upon the User completing its use of the Services or on termination of the User’s access to the Services (for any reason), the User shall promptly delete, or at WasteLess’s request return, any materials provided by WasteLess to the User.
WasteLess hereby reserves the right to offer the Services for a fee at such terms as WasteLess deems fit.
- No Academic Credit
Unless otherwise explicitly indicated, participation in or completion of a course does not confer any academic credit on the User (including any person accessing the Services through the User).
- No Enrollment
Availing the Services does not guarantee the User (including any person accessing the Services through the User) admission to or enrolment in any degree program offered by any institution. Further, if a User is accessing the Services through a partnering institution of WasteLess, it does not bind such institution to keep the User enrolled as a student or to offer them a degree and/or a certain level grades.
- Limitation of Liability
THE USER’S ACCESS AND USE OF THE SERVICES IS AT THE ITS SOLE RISK. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES, SHALL WASTELESS, OR ANY OF ITS TRUSTEES, SPONSORS, OFFICERS, MANAGERS, MEMBERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, OR ASSOCIATED THIRD PARTIES BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT OR INDIRECT LOSSES OR DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE USER ACCESSING OR USING OR THE INABILITY OF THE USER TO ACCESS OR USE THE SERVICES OR THE USER’S RELIANCE ON ANY INFORMATION PROVIDED BY WASTELESS IN RELATION TO THE SERVICES. THIS IS A COMPREHENSIVE LIMITATION OF LIABILITY THAT APPLIES TO ALL LOSSES AND DAMAGES OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER, WHETHER DIRECT OR INDIRECT, GENERAL, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, LOSS OF DATA, REVENUE OR PROFITS. THIS LIMITATION OF LIABILITY APPLIES WHETHER THE ALLEGED LIABILITY IS BASED ON CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE, TORT, STRICT LIABILITY OR ANY OTHER BASIS AND EVEN IF AN AUTHORIZED REPRESENTATIVE OF WASTELESS HAS BEEN ADVISED OF, OR SHOULD HAVE KNOWN OF, THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AGGREGATE LIABILITY OF WASTELESS FOR ALL CLAIMS RELATED TO THE SERVICES EXCEED INR 1,00,000 (RUPEES ONE LAKH ONLY).
- No Warranties
THE WEBSITE AND/OR SERVICES ARE PROVIDED TO THE USER ON AN “AS IS,” “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT POSSIBLE PURSUANT TO APPLICABLE LAW, WASTELESS DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, WARRANTIES OF NON-INFRINGEMENT. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, WASTELESS DOES NOT REPRESENT OR WARRANT THAT THE WEBSITE AND/OR SERVICES WILL BE AVAILABLE AT ANY PARTICULAR TIME OR LOCATION OR THAT ITS OPERATION WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR FREE. THE USER ACKNOWLEDGES AND AGREES THAT ANY ACCESS TO OR USE OF THE WEBSITE AND/OR SERVICES IS AT THE USER’S OWN RISK. WASTELESS CANNOT GUARANTEE THAT CONTENT, IN THE WEBSITE AND/OR SERVICES OR ELSEWHERE, WILL BE FREE OF MATERIAL THE USER MAY FIND OBJECTIONABLE OR OTHERWISE INAPPROPRIATE OR OF MALWARE OR OTHER CONTAMINANTS THAT MAY HARM THE USER’S COMPUTER, MOBILE DEVICE, OR ANY FILES THEREIN. WASTELESS DISCLAIMS ANY RESPONSIBILITY OR LIABILITY RELATED TO THE USER’S ACCESS OR USE OF SUCH THIRD PARTY CONTENT.
- Service Modifications
WasteLess has the right to, at any time, in its sole discretion, cancel, delay, reschedule or alter the format of the courses/modules offered, or to cease to provide any part or all of the Services. The User agrees that WasteLess will not have any liability to the User for such an action.
- User Content and Information
- The Services may enable Users (or any person who accesses the Services through such Users) to generate content, such as responses to surveys, quizzes, exams, projects and other assignments that Users submit to WasteLess or its partnering institutions (“User Content”). In such a case Users shall retain all intellectual property rights in, and are responsible for, the User Content they generate.
- To the extent User Content is shared with WasteLess, the User grants WasteLess a fully-transferable, royalty-free, perpetual, sub-licensable, non-exclusive, worldwide license to copy, distribute, modify, create derivative works based on, publicly perform, publicly display, and otherwise use the User Content, for no additional consideration. In particular, WasteLess may use the User Content to improve/modify the Services, in which case the User shall not have any right, title or interest in such improved/modified Services. WasteLess reserves the right to delete or modify User Content for any reason.
- Permitted Users
- Additional Terms
Without prejudice to the User’s rights under the Terms, if the User breaches the Terms in any way, WasteLess may take such action as WasteLess deems appropriate to deal with the breach, including suspending the User’s access to the Services, prohibiting the User from accessing the Services, blocking computers using your IP address from accessing the website, contacting your internet service provider to request that they block your access to the website and/or bringing court proceedings against you.
The User agrees to defend, hold harmless and indemnify WasteLess and its trustees, sponsors, contributors, employees, officers, agents and other Users from and against any claims, actions or demands arising out of, resulting from or in any way related to the User’s use of the Services, including any liability or expense arising from any and all claims, losses, damages, suits, judgments, litigation costs and attorneys’ fees, of every kind and nature.
While WasteLess will try to protect the security of its Users and their information, which is available with WasteLess, it cannot guarantee that unauthorized third parties will not be able to defeat its security measures. Please notify WasteLess immediately of any compromise or unauthorized use of User information by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Terms may be modified by WasteLess, at its sole discretion and the modified terms will be displayed on this website. For any material changes, WasteLess may take reasonable steps to notify the User of such changes via e-mail. In any case, the amendments will be effective immediately upon being posted on this website. By availing the Services after any changes have been made, the User signifies their agreement to the modified Terms. The User should return to this page periodically to ensure familiarity with the most current version of the Terms.
The failure of WasteLess to exercise or enforce any right or provision of the Terms shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision.
WasteLess may transfer, sub-contract or otherwise deal with its rights and/or obligations under the Terms without notifying the User or obtaining the User’s consent.The User may not transfer, sub-contract or otherwise deal with its rights and/or obligations under the Terms.
If a provision of the Terms is determined by any court or other competent authority to be unlawful and/or unenforceable, the other provisions will continue in effect. If any unlawful and/or unenforceable provision would be lawful or enforceable if part of it were deleted, that part will be deemed deleted, and the rest of the provision will continue in effect.
- Entire agreement
The Terms constitute the entire agreement between the User and WasteLess, and supersede all previous agreements between them with respect to the use of this website and/or the Services.
WasteLess welcomes suggestions, ideas, comments, and other feedback regarding the website and/or Services (“Feedback“). By submitting any Feedback, the User grants WasteLess the right to use the Feedback without any restriction or compensation. By accepting the User’s Feedback, WasteLess does not waive any rights to use similar or related Feedback previously known to WasteLess, developed by its employees or contractors, or obtained from other sources.
- Governing Law and jurisdiction
The Terms will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of India, and any disputes relating to the Terms will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Chennai, Tamil Nadu.
WasteLess, Auroville Foundation (“WasteLess”, “we”, “us”) recognizes the importance of maintaining privacy of its users (“you”, “your”, “yourself”) and the importance of maintaining the confidentiality of your information. Our primary goal in doing so is to provide you a safe, efficient, smooth and customized experience, and provide services and features that most likely meet your needs. We collect information from you that we consider necessary for achieving this purpose.
- Information we collect:
We collect information about you when you avail of any of our Services, complete a
questionnaire on our website or through email, and when you provide details for registering
your account with us, or when you transact on our website.
The information we collect may comprise, among others, PI and SPDI (defined below).
- Personal information (“PI”) means any information that relates to an individual who can be identified from that information.
- Sensitive Personal Information and Data (“SPDI”) means information such as
passwords and/or financial information that relates to an individual.
- Why we collect this information:
In general, we would be collecting/handling/ storing/ using or transferring your PI and SPDI for the following purposes, including but not limited to:
- for personal identification and authentication purposes;
- responding to your inquiries and requests;
- providing the Services to you, and improving and upgrading our Services;
- connecting you with other users;
- complying with regulatory requirements;
- performing administrative functions related to our Services; and
- sending you reminders, notices, updates, security alerts, support and administrative messages, service bulletins, marketing messages, and requested information.
- Disclosure of information collected
- Our agents, contractors, service providers, and advisors engaged by us;
- Our partners;
- Other users of our Services;
- Regulatory bodies, government agencies, law enforcement bodies and courts; and
- Any prospective transferee in a scheme of arrangement, amalgamation, merger or sale of shares or sale of business.
- Information we collect:
When you view the website, we may store some information on your computer. This will be in the form of a “cookie” file, which will enable us to tailor the web site to match your interests and preferences. The “cookie” file is used to store the IP address of your machine and may contain personal data. The “cookie” file will store those personal data for this purpose only. Your internet browser may allow you to erase the “cookie” file, block all “cookies” or receive a warning before a “cookie” is stored.
- Data Retention
It is our policy to retain your data only for as long as we believe it to be necessary for the
purposes for which the data was collected, subject to any legal requirements for the data to
be retained for longer periods of time.
- Consent to collect, store and transfer information
- Your right to your information
Sharing your PI and SPDI is entirely voluntary. You need not register with us in order to visit our website. However, we offer Services only to persons who register with us. You may, at any time, opt-out of your registration or any of our marketing/promotional/newsletters mailings in accordance with the Terms. You can update, rectify, and delete the information you provided to us, and change your account settings at any time. Upon request, we will remove/block your PI and/or SPDI from our database, thereby cancelling your registration. However, some of your information may remain stored in archive on our servers even after the deletion or termination of your account.
You may approach our Grievance Officer at the following email address email@example.com if you have any grievance with respect to the processing and use of your information.