Here are some ideas for changes you can make at home. These small changes add up to making a big difference. Adopt these ideas and share them with your friends!
Buy and Use Responsibly.
- Only buy what you need.
- Buy locally, in bulk and products with less packaging.
- Buy products that you think will last a long time or that are refillable.
- Take care of and maintain things so that they last.
- If you do not use something for a long time, it is best to give it to someone who will
- Borrow, loan, rent, lease or share when possible (movies, books, tools, etc.)
The best thing you can do to change the way people make, dispose of, and think about waste is Talk Trash! When you do this, you’re teaching the people around you about its harmful effects.
To get more information about waste that you can share with friends and family, check out our Learn section.
Grab a couple of your friends, go out and pick up trash! You can go to your favourite park or a heavily littered area. Engage a group of friends and family or an entire neighbourhood; the more the better!
This is a great way to see change right before your eyes by getting everyone involved and taking action.
For inspiration and ideas click here: The Ugly Indian
Spread the word, share these videos TEDx Delhi The Life of a Plastic Bag The Story Of Stuff